The Neuschwanstein Castle Tour App is the mobile version of my real-life tour which has been underway for six wonderful years now. It is a consistently 5-star reviewed tour by visitors from around the world! Due to the popularity of this tour I am hard at work to insure that everyone has the opportunity to benefit from my extensive research, and to learn about Ludwig II's magnificent castle and life.
During this tour you will visit the Wittelsbach Royal Family’s summer vacation home and hunting lodge, Hohenschwangau Castle. Learn about its rich history and lavish interior. Take in views of the Bavarian and Austrian Alps surrounding the Alpsee, where King Ludwig II enjoyed private performances of the famous Lohengrin opera by Richard Wagner.
What You'll Do
- Take a train ride through the majestic Bavarian Alps
- Explore Hohenschwangau Village
- Learn about the life and passions of King Ludwig II, and his mysterious death
- See the Alpsee and Swan Lake
- View the fairytale Hohenschwangau Castle
- Stroll past beautiful Poellat Gorge and Waterfall
- See the stunning Neuschwanstein Castle
- Go to the breathtaking Marienbruecke bridge across the gorge
Next, ascend the hill to Neuschwanstein Castle to enjoy vast views of the Bavarian countryside. Enjoy a leisurely lunch break at a traditional Bavarian restaurant and beer garden located just beneath the towering walls of the castle.
After lunch, explore hidden and unfinished elements of the castle as you make your way to the postcard-perfect Marienbrücke. Here, enjoy the best view of Neuschwanstein Castle. Descend the mountain via the stunning waterfall gorge path and walk along a beautiful trail through the Bavarian Alps, leading you back to your return transportation to Munich.
© 2016 Historical Walks - Created by Jeffinko.Guru